A Matter of Balance
WIAAA offers the A Matter of Balance Program to seniors age 60 and older who experience concerns about falling. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning, evidence based practice program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
For more information on upcoming classes, please call WIAAA at (309) 793-6800 or (800) 322-1051.
WIAAA has a Train the Trainer Program for A Matter of Balance. If you are interested in being a coach for upcoming MOB classes please contact David Sonneville at (800) 322-1051.